All inclusive retreats at la Tortuga Verde include
Notes on the above
- there will be one 2 hr yoga class and one 1 hr gentle class daily...usually the stronger 2hr class will be in the morning and a more gentle class in the afternoon. The yoga is challenging hatha yoga and will be appropriate and enjoyable for practitioners of any style of yoga. The 1 hr afternoon class might be a simple stretching class with a therapeutic intention, or a more focused workshop type class, i.e. a hip-opening workshop, a headstand workshop, a knee safety workshop etc. Depending on demand, guided meditation will be offered in the evening, and the yoga shala will be available to everybody outside of class times for personal time
- transport to/from the airport is based on 5-8 people sharing a minivan. The resort is approx. 90 minutes drive from San Salvador international airport so we will make the effort to co-ordinate pick-up times for the day before the start of the retreat. Attendees arriving outside these times or those who wish to arrive a day or more earlier, will have to pay a supplement, but this will be kept to a minimum as much as possible by coordinating with other arrivals. please note that one-way prices from the airport start at $80
- the price doesn't include lobster or shrimp from the menu...these are available at a supplement
- for a group of friends there are larger rooms that can hold three beds, at the same cost...for bigger groups willing to share a room please contact us for prices
- single supplement will be 75 dollars
Rory is from Ireland and has been practicing yoga for over fifteen years; teaching for ten years. After completing one year of teacher training in India, graduating at the Sivananda Vedanta academy and being one of only seven people to complete 'universal teacher training' with the renowned 'rubber yogi' Acharya Venkatesh at the Agama School of Yoga in Mysore, Rory successfully ran an independent yoga centre in London for five years; thereafter embarking on six years of world travel, spending a lot of time with Indian yogis in the Himalayan mountains, and ultimately riding a motorbike from Canada to Argentina during which time La Tortuga Verde was 'discovered', and made home. Rory says "breathe in, breathe out, let the energy work it out"